I want to thank Paige for nominating me for the Liebster Award! After doing dome googling, I discovered that nominees for the Liebster Award are new bloggers with 200 followers or less. Once you're nominated you answer 11 questions given to you by the per on who nominated you, give 11 facts about yourself, and ask 11 questions for people you nominate to answer.
Here are my 11 answers to Paige's questions:
1. What do you hope to learn more about within the next year?
I hope to learn more about this wonderful world of blogging that I've recently discovered. Blogging, branding, marketing, but most importantly learning how to keep my blog personal to me, while also having it appeal to others.
2. What’s your favorite way to express yourself?
I like to express myself in writing. Ever since I was younger I always had a journal, but I stopped writing in it when I was 14, and I hadn't realized how much I missed it until I stated my blog.
3. What songs inspire you the most?
"I'm Like a Bird" by Nelly Furtado
4. What’s your favorite newspaper or magazine and why?
The New York Times, because they have a morning and afternoon "briefing" on the app that gives you highlights on every aspect of the news from the day.
5. Why do you think blogging is important?
I think blogging is important because I have found so many answers about college and finances and friendships through my favorite blogs. If I found so much information in blogs that means other people have to of as well. Blogging helps connect people, ideas, questions and answers. That's why, in my opinion, blogging is important.
6. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
I would want to go somewhere different, like Dubai. I want to explore and see the culture, the language, the food, the people. I want to see the world and take it all in.
7. How do you make time for blogging?
I upload a new post every night at 9 PM (EST). Having a deadline kind of forces me to make time. I usually spend a couple of hours on Saturday mornings going over ideas, or drafting posts, so that if I can't make time one day, I have a back-up.
8. Have you ever felt brave while writing? How and why?
I feel brave, but also nervous, when I write about friendships. I get insecure if aI think one of my friends is going to read my post and assume it's about them, but then I feel brave because I know that it's ok to share your feelings, and worrying about what other people think all the time will only hurt you and your writing.
9. What inspires you?
Seeing other people prosper and become successful is what inspires me and drives me to do the same.
10. Do you use social media to promote your blog? Why or why not?
Yes, because if something I wrote can benefit someone else I want it to.
11. How has your blog changed since you started it?
I only started my blog about three weeks ago, so not much has changed just yet.
- I hated writing during high school.
- I watch High School Musical at least once a month
- Summer is my least favorite season
- If I could wear rain boots everyday I would
- I spend too much time and money online shopping
- The thing I'm looking forward to most about college is class (not partying)
- I have misophonia (that means I hate the sound of people chewing, but it sounds more legitimate when I say misophonia)
- I love buying books, but I never have time to read them
- My favorite part of back-to-school is getting tons of brand new school supplies, cause I'm a dork
- I wore a necklace that said "Dork" for 2 year when I was 13
- I'm that girl who goes to Starbucks by herself and pretends to do work
My questions for my nominees:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- Who is your favorite Author?
- Who is your favorite blogger?
- What website do you visit the most?
- How has blogging changed your life?
- Do you use a Mac (and/or apple products) or a PC (and/or anything else)
- Do you blog for the public or for yourself?
- Do you keep a journal?
- Do you have one sole focus for your blog or multiple concepts?
- What website did you first use for your blog?
- How has your blog adapted since you began it?
- Chicademics - Alexis