The Day Designer
As a college student, I am heavily involved on campus and often have several club deadlines, meetings, conference calls, and presentations in addition to my usual 17 credit semester course load. In addition to this, I’m a blogger with several personal deadlines a week.
Traditional planners usually only offer about 5 or six lines for each day of the week to write everything that needs to get done. Using traditional planners I would often find myself carrying around either a second agenda or a small notebook to scribble down to-do lists and deadlines. My second semester freshman year Alyssa, of Alyssa Bags, gave me my first Day Designer. I had never had something be so perfect.
Finally there was a place where I could write down all of my personal and professional goals, my 12 month plan, and my favorite part is that each day (except for weekends) has a dedicated page! No more using three notebooks for one to-do list. I could finally write my schedule and full to-do list in one place.
These are just some of the features of The Day Designer:
- 12 Months of Dated Pages from June 2016 through May 2017
- Two Goal Planning Worksheets
- Daily Planning Pages with Scheduling from 5am to 9pm
- Daily Inspirational Quotes
- Today, To-Do, Dinner, Gratitude, Top 3 To-Do Prompts, Notes and more!
- Combined Weekend Pages with Overview of Upcoming Week
- Gold Foil Monthly Tabs
- Two-Page Monthly Views with a Monday Start Day for Each Week
- Two-Page Yearly View with a Monday Start Day for Each Week
- Daily Pages and Monthly Spreads Marked with U.S. holidays
- Tear-Out Pages in the Front and Back of Book to Protect Inside Pages
- Inside Front Cover Pocket with Teal Cover Liner
Using a full on day planner scared me at first, I even ended up using one of the Day Designer for Blue Sky Planners in the fall because I felt awkward carrying around a legit day planner to my 8ams. But I realized I would much rather feel a little awkward than have to carry 3 notebooks that one Day Designer could do job of.
If you’re heading off to college, or are already in college, and are a Type A personality like me, investing in a Day Designer may be one of the best things you’ll ever do for yourself.
If you’ve already purchased your Day Designer, which cover style did you get?! I’m in love with my Spotty Dot!